We’ve said it before: Great style has something of the moment and something that’s timeless. This is reflected in all Paul Fredrick clothing, and bears repeating. We carefully merchandise each season’s collection to give you the widest possible range of choice to find your own style, with a discerning eye for apparel that is timely without being trendy.
Our clothes have a relevancy that will give you the confidence of being “on the ball,” but without a six-month expiration date that starts ticking the moment you open the package. And with our fit guarantee and quality standard, everything you choose can be worn for years to come.
So what does tradition-with-a-twist actually mean when put into play? Mostly it’s about staying true to basic forms and just giving the details a twist.
- For example, a herringbone sportcoat is as timeless as it gets, but we gave ours a detail of distinction by adding a velvet collar. And as that’s a twist that harkens back to Edwardian times, this might just be in style for another hundred years.
- Often we put our twist on a perennial classic by digging into the archives of menswear history. The side adjusters on our D-Ring Waistband Pleated Trousers are straight from the 1930s, the so-called Golden Age of American Menswear. But we’re offering them in timely white denim.
- Tradition with a twist means taking traditional seersucker fabric and making a tan one button seersucker suit rather than the traditional blue striped seersucker that has two or three buttons. And with our fit guarantee, people might just think you had it custom made.
- It means taking an iconic shoe like a driving moccasin, and then updating it with boat-shoe style lacing and offering it in navy and maize in addition to brown.
- It means taking a classic like the cardigan sweater, offering a luxurious linen-cotton blend cardigan, perfect for spring, anchoring it in the classic color combo of navy and tan. Add to that, button-through flap pockets and buttoned epaulets for a true twist on a traditional cardigan.
- It’s making a sport shirt with vibrant colors and contrast trim.
- It’s pinpoint oxford dress shirts, but making them in a large gingham and colors like pink yellow and purple.
- And finally, tradition-with-a-twist means combining a classic striped tie with an elegant floral motif in our Navy Satin Botanical Stripe Tie.