Like all clothing, a great dress shirt combines quality fabric with quality construction. The result is longevity and a luxuriousness you can feel on your torso and that others can see when they look at you. And the icing on the cake is traditional styling with a contemporary sensibility.
Now that’s a shirt that makes you want to take your coat off.
Putting it all together is our specialty, as we’re the go-to dress shirt resource for most of our customers and their quality expectation is high. Fortunately so is ours. “Because we’re a private label, you’re paying for a shirt’s quality, not for the label sewn into it,” says dress shirt buyer Michael Contreras.
Cotton is king when it comes to dress shirts, but our range of cottons is surprisingly varied. It starts with pinpoint oxford, moves on to Imperial 100′s (where our broadcloth options start and where most of our competitors’ end), and all the way up to our exceptionally soft Luxury 200′s, a rare find outside the custom world.
Here’s more of what to look for — and expect — in every Paul Fredrick dress shirt:
- The finest fabrics we can find for the price
- Between 18 and 21 single-needle stitches per inch to maintain good looks over time
- Fused interlining on placket, collar and cuffs for durability
- Longer tails to keep shirt tucked in
- Exact-length sleeve sizes, regular and trim fit options, and even big & tall sizes for a perfect fit
- Endless color and pattern options
“We’ve been in business for 50 years,” says Contreras, “so we have a very watchful eye on how our shirts are made. We have very strict policies on quality when vendors are making our shirts, and check all measurements and ensure shrinkage is controlled.
“We want to make sure our customers are paying for quality,” Contraras concludes, “not lifestyle marketing.”