Buyers’ Picks for Spring 16

Now that you’ve had the opportunity to look through our Spring 2016 Collection, we want to take a moment to highlight a few things. We asked our Buyers to tell us which item from their respective categories they are most pleased with, and though it was no easy task, we now have four of their top picks for your consideration. Read on to find out what they have chosen, and why!

DPL440BDress Shirts

Our Dress Shirt Buyer, Michael, chose the 2-Ply Cotton Pinpoint Silk Trimmed Straight Collar Dress Shirt as his top pick from the Spring ’16 Dress Shirt Collection. It’s a solid white pinpoint oxford dress shirt with a delightful surprise – unbutton the collar and cuffs to see a 100% silk trim in a grand piano design. Michael explains why it’s so special: “One, it is very rare to find a dress shirt out there trimmed with 100% pure silk. Two, since I am a music lover/performer, I love the grand piano design on the silk. It’s a perfect, basic white shirt to wear to work buttoned up with a tie. Then at night I can remove the tie, open the shirt, and roll up my sleeves to reveal the piano pattern that not only looks good but speaks to my interests.” Music-themed items have proven to be very successful in the past, and we think this dress shirt will be no different.

TPL1402

Ties

We asked our Accessories Buyer, Allison, what her favorite item is from this season’s collection. Her pick is the Paisley Woven Italian Silk Tie, which has already become a hit with our customers. She says, “I love this tie because of its vibrant color and great satin sheen. The silvery grey ground really pops when paired with a crisp white shirt and pearl grey or charcoal suit!” Made in Italy from 100% silk, this tie features a harmoniously toned paisley pattern that almost resembles flowers, which incidentally makes it perfect for Spring. Thanks to its elegant appearance, it’s the perfect finishing touch for any number of outfits.

buyers

Sport Coats

Our Tailored Clothing Buyer, Jess, told us that her favorite item from the Spring 2016 Collection is the Multi-color Windowpane Pure Wool Sport Coat. She points to how versatile it is, essentially because “this really tonal and elegant grey style is so classic and easy to wear. Windowpane patterns make stepping out in a patterned sport coat stress-free even for that customer who is nervous about patterns. Whether you pull out the windowpane color to match with your dress shirt and tie, or use a ‘pop’ color in a sweater underneath, you have so many options.” Weighted so you can wear it through multiple seasons, this sport coat provides the smart benefits of business-staple wool.

SPL532L

Sport Shirts

Our Sportswear Buyer, Alex, told us that her top pick from this season’s collection is the 100% Cotton Paisley Hidden Button Down Collar Sport Shirt. This vibrant option might not appeal to everyone’s senses, but needless to say it’s a shirt that stands out, and that’s an asset! She explains, “I love the fun print and bright colors of this shirt. It also pairs great with our pima cotton sweaters.” You’re bound to find a color and a style you like in our popular Pima Cotton Sweater collection, so why not match it back to this sport shirt? Casual dress codes allow for more fashion risk-taking, so take the leap.

Tell us: What is your favorite item or items from our Spring 2016 Collection?

8 Comments

1. Jesse Montelongo

March 16, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Keep sending catalog.

2. Allie

March 16, 2016 at 12:40 pm

We will certainly do so, Jesse!

3. Paul Fredrick’s, I have spent a thousand dollars, so far, with your site. Very, very happy with your shirts. Although, two buttons on the cuff would be appreciated. But still, awesome shirts! I wish that I could say the same as it relates to your ties. In the past, I have loved the photos of your ties on the shirts. Only to find that the ties that you actually sell are NOT the same. For example…The colorful tie in this add is a perfect example. (Style #TPL1402) The photo of the tie on the shirt is NOT the same tie that you are selling online. Just look at the flower. The photo of the tie on the shirt the flower grows UP. The tie you are selling, the flower grows DOWN. The tie on the shirt photo is of better quality. You show one tie and sell another. You guys are too good to do this! I have found this on MANY ties that you sell. Come on man!

4. HAROLD Ferrell

March 16, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I am a new customer, buying for a tad less than one year but am a customer for life now. You can buy a shirt anywhere, and dito for a tie, look a little bit harder for cufflinks ect. but there is no place that matches up the entire outfit like you guys do.I I have bought about 60 dress shirts, about the same ties, a 1/2 doz sport coats, a couple of suits, a ton of cuff links and hankys, ect. It all started with a pair of belts and all has been great.The items are first class look and wear great and I am a fan for life. Everyone at church says I am the sharpest dresser they have ever seen and I have passed out several of your monthly flyers to them so I almost a employee of your fine Co.. Keep up the great work and I will keep buying. PS I am also a sucker for good deals so do not forget the sale items every month. My regards

5. Allie

March 17, 2016 at 8:06 am

Marty, we’re so glad to hear you’re such a fan of our shirts! We are very sorry you have experienced some issues with our ties. The tie used in the photograph in question was a sample sent to us by our manufacturer prior to the bulk shipment we receive to sell to our customers. As a result, there may occasionally be very minor differences between the catalog photography sample and the item you receive, such as the direction of the floral paisley that you noted. In this case, the tie silk was cut in both directions in order to conserve fabric, hence the flipped pattern. We can absolutely assure you that the tie you receive is of the same high quality as the one you see in our catalog. Our goal is your satisfaction, so if you are not happy with your item you may certainly return or exchange it within 90 days of your purchase.

6. Allie

March 17, 2016 at 10:25 am

Harold, we are so delighted to hear how much you’ve been enjoying our clothing. We want to thank you for telling all your friends about us and for inspiring them to dress as stylishly as you do! Wishing you all the best. Keep up the great work!

7. Richard B, Dowling

April 1, 2016 at 11:02 am

Gentlemen:

Need some help: Just got your dress shirt – size 20/35. The problem is to get that large a neck size it is a tall/big shirt which fits like a tent. Normally I would buy a large sport shirt and it would fit fine – the problem is that I have so much loose skin around my neck that I need a 20″ size.

I’m sure there must be plenty of men with the same problem
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Dick Dowling

8. Thank you for taking the time to contact us, Richard. We are sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the fit of the dress shirt. You may certainly return it to us within 90 days from the date of purchase for an exchange or a refund of the purchase price.

Unfortunately, the trim fit sizing is not available with a 20″ collar. We do have a custom made dress shirt program available on our website. You would be able to order any of the custom selections in the trim fit sizing no matter which collar size or sleeve length you choose. Please keep in mind that the custom made dress shirts will take approximately 4-5 weeks to be made and delivered. Also, due to their specialized nature, the custom shirts can not be returned or exchanged.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-247-1417 and any of our representatives will be happy to assist you.