Shoe colors for business traditionally range from black to burgundy to shades of brown and beige. It makes sense to stay within these guidelines, unless you are extremely confident that you can “pull off” a different color. Black is the most versatile color, since it complements a nice variety of suit and trouser colors. Also remember to coordinate your shoe and belt color, as well as your trouser and sock color… Continue>>
Some simple rules for coordinating your dress shirt with a tie, sport coat, or suit.
1. Avoid patterns that are too similar.
2. Select complementary colors and patterns.
3. Don’t wear combinations that are drastically different. The patterns and colors should not compete with one another.
4. Match large patterns with small patterns or vice versa.
5. Don’t overdo one pattern or color.
The key is feeling comfortable wearing your ensemble. Many times there will be combinations that seem to fit the rules but do not look right together. Always use your own judgment to determine what works for you… Continue>>